14/02/11. Well the DIY continues. We now have a new hole in the hall ceiling where a staire has been fitted. All cleaned up for now but more work to be completed to make it airtight. The plan is for me to move all my school books and lesson plans to the attic to free up some space downstairs. Will post a pic of the finished trap door in another blog. I have asked Liam to make a little room in the attic because as we live in the country little animals come visit our attic every winter. I want to be able to keep all my reference books etc upstairs without any little visitors visiting them if you know what I mean. So we will see what happens. I will also be able to move all of my course books up and all of my Celtic Spirituality books as well. I also have a collection of center pieces and cloths in different places that I use for my work, I intend putting all of those together up there in one place as well. Donnchadh has found nine bags of Christmas decorations to date, so I will go through all of those and get rid of all the broken ones and the rubbish. Lots still to do. Books and old magazines to go for recycling, and the girls have decided that they do not want their old toys so they will also go to a charity shop. Will give the a good clean up first though.
No doubt you all know by now what day it is today. The feast of St Valentine. Before Hallmark took it over as a commercial venture this was a day that celebrated the martyrdom of St Valentine. It is reported that St Valentine is buried in Whitefriar Church in Dublin. Here is a link telling the whole story. http://www.carmelites.ie/ireland/Whitefriar%20St/valentine.htm Lots of young couples are supposed to visit this shrine these days. It can be a difficult day for some people as not all have had the opportunity to meet a partner and some people choose to be single. I feel that it is a day that is hyped up for commercial gain on the high street. The price of flowers seems to rise on the day although with the recession on now hopefully people will be sensible about it. Chocolate and flowers are very much over rated if the sentiment behind them is not continued throughout the rest of the year. Dr Wayne M Dyer says that Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you. Isn't that a lovely statement, but what a challenge to set for oneself. I know that I try to allow my family to be themselves and I also know how difficult it is to allow that to happen. We are brought up in a world that constantly judges and comments on how people behave so it is a challenge to change this behavior. One day a time and we can always begin again.
My son decided to set up an alternative to Valentines Day. He is a nerd according to himself, no judgement on my part about that. Anyway he decided to rebel and set up a page on facebook, here is the link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nerdintines-Day/134394019960102 Please drop by and like it. This is his blog post that started the whole thing rolling http://donnchadh-frommypointofview.blogspot.com/2011/02/nerdintines-day.html so yes I suppose I can say that he is a nerd, if I actually knew what the meaning of the word was. Must look it up.
Here is the final segment of Aisling's piece from Iceland http://vulgo.ie/voices/aisling-ryans-dark-music-days-in-iceland-33/ . She is pleased with how it all turned out. She and Éadaoin have both been nominated in different sections in the Irish Blog awards. http://awards.ie/blogawards/ Aisling is in the music section and Éadaoin is in the photographic section. Aisling's link is http://aislingcryan.wordpress.com and Éadaoin's link is http://cityofblackbirds.blogspot.com They have both made the long lists so hopefully they will make the short lists. Éadaoin was nominated and made the short list last year. They are both delighted.
I finished another knitting project last night. Had a touch of insomnia last night so instead of lying in bed tossing and turning and keeping Liam awake I finally gave in and got up. As I was passing the music room I spied a mohair scarf which one of the girls had started and left unfinished so I picked it up and completed it last night. Will post a pic soon. Have to find out which one of my four girls it belongs to now so it can go to its rightful home. I ripped my sock that I was knitting and started again, wiser this time, but you know this internet is fantastic. Had forgotten how to do a provisional cast on so took out the laptop typed provisional cast on into Google and hey presto there was a video on YouTube showing how to do it. The miracle of modern technology. I have to say that I have found some fabulous and inspiring blogs on here since I started my own one and lots of lovely craft and knitting stuff. I could spend the whole day just browsing through all the fabulous work that is shown online, hopefully by the time I get myself sorted I will be able to put up more pics of completed projects and continue to develop this blog as time passes.
Will say goodnight now, sending lots of love and light to all who read this blog and as Marianne Williamson said on her fb page today In my life there is an infinite supply of love, it is inexhaustible, I can never use it all in this lifetime so I don't have to be sparing with it. So sending you all some of that inexhaustible love that I have and have a good evening where ever you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment