
Aren't they fabulous. They have survived a long time because they were put into the attic at different times and in various bags and boxes for safekeeping. Not all the pieces are there but enough for the girls to oohhh and aahhhhh over. Its funny but they also fill me with a warm fuzzy feeling looking back at the fun times. Santa was very good to our lot.
My stash of wool and patterns is making its way down slowly but surely. I am putting them all together at the moment and will sort the lot when it is all down. I know it is taking up space at the moment, but when it is finished it will be grand. There is a new plan being hatched for a Staira to be put up in the hall and a proper storage room made of the attic where things can be easily stored and got at when needed. I intend to put all my school books and photocopies up there when it is finished. I will have no problem going up there then to get them when needed. Liam will be delighted.
What is also coming down is a collection of cooking magazines I bought weekly. What was I thinking. I collected one every fortnight and really I never used them. They were nice to have and look at but the recipes were totally unsuitable for a family with small kids in Ireland. I think it is funny how I'm becoming sensible now when I could be using those types of magazines. I have no interest in them now, only serving good old fashioned natural food grown in our own garden. Funny that.
Another thing that happened with the attic clearing. An old copy of Aisling's birthcert appeared and guess what her name was spelled incorrectly on the register. She had phoned me a few days ago in a panic about how she had been mis spelling her name since she was a child but I reassured her that she had the correct spelling as we wanted her to be called Aisling. It is the Irish spelling of her name. They had registered her as Ashling, to my horror when I phoned the registrar that was what was on the official register. Anyway they are sending me out a form that Liam and I have to sign to change the spelling to Aisling which is what it should be. Hold on Aisling it will be corrected shortly. And you are spelling your name correctly that is the way we wanted it in the first place. Aisling is the Irish for Ester, as she was born around Easter. Aisling is also the Irish word for a dream......here is the link to part two of her article in Vulgo http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fvulgo.ie%2Fvoices%2Faisling-ryans-dark-music-days-in-reykjavik-23%2F&h=337bd
part three to follow.
Toby is in his element, there is lots of paper on the floor to be ripped to shreds and odd bits of timber to be chewed. He is getting very good now, he has become our alarm clock in the mornings and it is a wait to see who will give in first to go up and let him out for a run before he will come racing down the hall and launch himself into our bed from the middle of the floor. In under the top blanket then and sleep for another while if we are not already up. He is having a great time.
I've started knitting a pair of socks, this is a first form me and I have managed to turn my first heel and feel quite proud of myself. More on this anon. Pics up when finished.
I had a most wonderful Aura Soma session yesterday with my friend. We do swaps. I exchange cranio sacral sessions for Aura Soma sessions, and it is wonderful. Today I am brim full of energy, having got the lift I needed. If you have never experienced this type of work it is something you should try it out. http://www.aura-soma.net/ have a read of this see what you think.
Signing out now, we are heading to Dublin tomorrow to go to see a play in Naas. My friend's daughter is in it and I am really looking forward to seeing it. Then I will be in college in Dublin on Saturday for a few hours so we have decided to stay in Dublin overnight. I got a great deal on Beds.ie they do deals every now and then and we got bed and breakfast in bed with a late check out time for €49, is that good or what. http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beddeals.ie%2F&h=337bd Join up and maybe get a few good deals here in Ireland.
Won't be on again until Sunday evening at this stage. So will update you all then. Love and light to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment