15/01/11. Yes, I managed to rise to the occasion and attended my tutorial in Dublin today. It served two purposes. The first being the delivering of my son and his friend to the careers expo in the Mansion House in Dublin and the second my attending the tutorial. First things first I was woken up out of a dream by the alarm on my phone telling me it was time to get up. I was dreaming at the time, myself and my four daughters were in our car on top of a very high cliff overlooking a beautiful panorama. My oldest daughter was driving for some reason on getting ready to leave she went over the side of the cliff. I remained extremely calm and managed to keep the girls calm as well. The car did not roll it just slid gently down to the bottom of the cliff and came to a land on some kind of a path. We found ourselves at the back entrance to some huge hotel, I could see a path going round one side but not the other, but I did not know if we could drive on it and where it would take us. I went into the hotel to find out. It was very very big with a marble staircase. For some reason I went upstairs first and looking out the huge windows saw a cruise ship docked in front of the hotel and people coming and going. It had just arrived. I proceeded to go downstairs again and was picking my steps very carefully as there were puddles of either oil or water on the steps, I was heading to the reception in the hall at the bottom of the stairs. As I began to descend I noticed a banner across the hall with the words Welcome to the Dominican Republic, made a mental note of it and continued on. It did cause me to wonder about it. As I was going down the stairs a gentleman was coming down behind me, he caught me by the collar of my coat and was trying to get me to dance with him. I though he was under the impression that I was a dancer at the hotel. At this moment my alarm pushed through my consciousness and brought me back to the land of getting up and heading to Dublin. A very strange dream but still very vivid in my mind. I haven't had such a vivid dream in a long time. Funny that.
Anyway, headed to Dublin with the two lads on board and dropped them off in town and headed out to Dublin City University. Took me a while to find the room to be honest and it was 12 by the time I finally got there, just in time. It was brilliant I have to say. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Our tutor had brilliant notes prepared and the conversation was stimulating. I put up a link in an earlier post to some of the poems we were studying just to give a taster to others. As you will appreciate, the poetry had deeper meanings other that the words that appear in print form. What I loved about today was the delving and exploring of all the different themes attached to this particular genre of poetry. I have returned home with a renewed appreciation of my course and perhaps the motivation I needed to get stuck into the next assignment which is due in two weeks time. Methinks that I will be travelling to the library in UCC this week to do some more reading. It was just the kick in the bum I needed especially after the laziness of the Christmas season.
On my return I got a brilliant welcome home from Toby and he is lying here next to me now sleeping and has not left my side since I returned home. The journey up and back were not very nice. The weather was awful with driving wind and rain and coming home the car was pushed about by the winds. I was very tired when I got here. Will be having an early night tonight.
On another note, the two lads were very disappointed with the Careers expo. If you were not an accountant, or an IT engineer it really was not the place to be. So they both came away disappointed. It wasn't a total waste of a day for them, as they took the time to go see The King's Speech and really enjoyed it.
All in all a productive day for me. Talk to ye again tomorrow in the meantime love and light to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment