Monday, January 24, 2011

New Start

24/01/11.  The key to a new start, wow a politician just gave in his opinion what the key to a new start was and guess what, IT IS MORE OF THE SAME.  I have just come from a meeting and feel so saddened by some of the stories I've heard.  It is a sad sign of the times we are currently living in.

I've been away from my blog for a few days, a combination of time and lack of energy being the main reasons for my absence.  On last Friday Liam and I went to a family celebration.  It was the 80th birthday of his aunt and we had a wonderful evening with her surrounded by family.  My sisters in law made a beautiful 'This is your Life' photo album for her.  She was delighted with it and many memories were recounted on the night of events that happened down through her life.  She lives in a beautiful old railway cottage which holds many happy memories for my husband Liam who used to go there on his 'holidays' as a young boy.  Uncle Phil RIP worked for the railway company and Liam has many fond memories of visiting him in his cabin on the railway.  All of the family are interested in trains and some of Aunt Bridget's sons are train drivers now and work for the rail company.  A lovely tradition being carried on down through the generations.

Saturday was spend mostly relaxing after the late night and that evening I spend with my dad.  We watched tv and chatted before he went to bed and I procrastinated then on the sofa for the rest of the evening.  No knitting, no reading and no research just vegging in front of the telly, but I was happy and as Paulo Coelho says if you are wasting time but are happy then you are not wasting time.  I agree with his philosophy.

Sunday Liam and I spent in Dublin,  Liam went to a Bee convention and I had a lovely ramble around my favorite book shops and got some of the books that I need for next weekend.  I have to read three plays and have started on them all.  We returned home happy and tired and settled down for the evening to watch tv and read.  There were more soccer matches on the telly so I read some of my books.

I had a thought yesterday while I was travelling on the luas into the centre of Dublin from the Red Cow roundabout and said to myself I must write about that in my blog, I should  have made a note of it in my diary because today I cannot remember what it was about.  Another grey cell gone I'm afraid.

I did buy some sock wool in Dublin yesterday and I am going to try to make a pair of socks for myself will let ye know how it goes.  I have not made socks before so it should be interesting.  I have to say I am looking forward to it.  The price of the wool was shocking though.  I didn't realize the price of the wool would be that expensive.  It's a bit prohibitive.  I will have to search through some of the many wool sites to compare the price of wool in different countries.  I am also interested in learning to spin wool and have been putting out feelers to find out how much it would cost.  I would love to learn and then make some items from the wool that I spin.  There is someone here near me who does it so I will see if she will show me what to do.

Have to go now will chat again soon.  Love and light to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment