Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Losing things

12/01/11.  Today began with a serious search for my medical book.  This book entitles me to collect my medication once a month for free.  I am a diabetic.  I have a huge problem with this and have railed against taking my medication from the very beginning.  With that thought in mind I have taken my health into consideration and with help from a friend I have managed to get my medication reduced to the very minimum required.  With perseverance I hope to come off the meds eventually.  It is my own doing in that I didn't look after my health down through the years and am paying the consequences for it now.  I was not aware of what would happen or had my head firmly stuck in the sand.  Either way I have now to deal with it.  It is going well although I have done some damage this Christmas season but all is in hand again.  I will be back doing my 10ks again this summer.

Toby had another vet visit today, he is progressing well. The vet was mad about him and was very impressed when he sat when told to by Liam because he is so young.   He has taken a shine to Liam's shoes now and Liam has had to rescue his new shoes more than once this evening.  He likes to chew things and has the house wrecked from chewing paper and cardboard.  I am not enjoying all the cleaning up after him at the moment.   But good times are coming with the good weather, and he can spend most of the day outside in the garden with Liam.

We are coming to the end of the first trimester of the Celtic Year which begins with Samhain on 1st November.  We are looking forward to the increasing light each day.  One old saying is that the day gets longer by a 'cock's step' each day.  In reality it is two minutes every morning and evening from the 21st December onwards.  We are heading into the season of Imbolg starting with St Brigid's Day on the 1st Feb, but more about that later.  I don't know if I have written about this before, but I am very interested in Celtic Spirituality.  St Augustine is quoted as saying 'that which is called Christian Religion existed among the Ancients, and never did not exist, from the beginning of the Human Race until Christ came in the flesh, at which time true religion, which already existed began to be called Christianity'.  The Ancient Irish already had a huge connection to the 'other' that existed and that is why it was so easy for Christianity to  be introduced here in Ireland.  But over the intervening years that ancient connection has been lost and replaced with materialism and secularism.  We need to reconnect with our ancient wise men and women and relearn the secrets of our land and our connection to our land.  It is in this connection that we can once again begin to relate to that which is sacred in our lives.  This is how I feel about it anyway.  I don't know if many will agree with me, but our Church needs to return to the original meaning of Christ's message and begin to reclaim the connection to the Sacred that is around us.  To find God in all things.  Ok enough for now will be keeping you all updated with what is going on with the Celtic year throughout the year.

Talk again tomorrow.  Love and light always.

No comments:

Post a Comment