Saturday, January 29, 2011

A busy week

29/01/11.  The week has flown by and I have not had a chance to update my blog.  I think that it was Monday when I last wrote here.  The week has also been very busy.  I have been working hard on my college reading and am glad to report that I got all the reading done for today's lecture.  Why is reading Shakespeare and Marlow so much more than the reading of it.  Funny how some of the themes are similar to what is being written about today.  Here is a link to a summary of the Jew of Malta written by Christopher Marlow that goes into the details of what we have to do when reading.  http://www.sparknotes.com/drama/jewofmalta/  it may be troublesome at times but do you know what I love it.  I love the delving into the meaning behind the writing and trying to get into the mindset of the writer.  At some point in the future I may give this writing lark a bit of a whirl and see what emerges.  I suppose this blog is my first amateur attempt at writing and hopefully my style will develop as the year passes.

We have had a week of meeting with friends and celebrations.  One of my dear friends parents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary this week and had a wonderful party with friends and family.  They are an example of true togetherness and lasting the course.  I wonder how many of modern day marriages will reach the same.  Liam and I celebrate our 30th anniversary later this year, it doesn't seem that long since we were married in Holycross Abbey with friends and family.  So much has happened in our family since then, children coming, growing, learning, exploring their world, leaving the family nest,  returning in two's and at some point in the future  hopefully in three's or more.  I hope that their partnerships will be as happy and content as ours is.  My parents will celebrate 51 years together this St Patrick's Day.

We are going to another celebration tonight.  A friend who I stated school with all those years ago is celebrating her 50th birthday tonight.  What age does that make me, am keeping that a secret for the moment,  but needless to say we are of the same vintage.  We have been in touch down the years at different times but she is on my Christmas card list every year.  We meet up occasionally while out shopping and have a chin wag, she is busy with her family and has also returned to education.  We have had similar experiences in our lives.  I wish her a very happy birthday and many more, she deserves it.  Lots of love and light to you B on your half century.  Gosh its sounds like a very long time when you day it like that.

I have to go now but I will update again tomorrow and let you know how the night went.  I also want to say a little to you about what is happening next week and the energy that is about at the moment.  But more anon

Love and light to all and the blessing of Naomh Bríd on you all at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment