17/01/11. Today is called Black Monday, supposedly because this is the most depressing day of the whole year. Some smart guy did the math and came up with this day. Funny that, today was anything but depressing for me. I applied for my job today. Fingers crossed that I will get that call for interview and also get the job. It is one that I would really like and one in which I have a lot to offer. It is in Learning support and resource teaching and it is an area in which I have a keen interest. I have had some experience with this field in education since I became a teacher but also as a mother as my son is dyslexic and my daughter suffered from SSS (Scoptic Sensitivity Syndrome) which impacted on her ability to stay reading for any amount of time. Some dyslexic children also have this condition and testing with an Irlen specialist will let you know if there is a problem or not. The remedy is quite simple once diagnosed in a set of glasses containing the Irlen lenses. Both of my children had these lenses and they made a huge difference to their lives. Here is the link to the site if you would like to check out the symptoms and questions for yourselves. http://irlen.com/index.php I have a really good friend living here in Ireland who diagnosed my two, she is an excellent practitioner and has a great way of handling the children. This is the Irish website and my friend is Aislinn Ryan (no relation). http://www.tipperary-dyslexia.com/readingproblems.htm Anyway I hope that I will get called for the interview at least.
Our leak is back in the stove so the house is reeking with the smell of kerosene once again. Perhaps that is contributing to Black Monday in this house. Hope Liam will have it fixed tomorrow otherwise I will be moving out for a few days until it is done. Can't stay in the smell of it any longer. Toby and I will be heading to the bedroom shortly methinks to get out of the smell although Toby is intent in helping Liam at the moment. He wants to have the hammer as well. it is funny watching the action in the corner, I am just waiting for Liam to shout at him and send him packing. It is all very interesting when you are a small pup.
I will say good night now, I am going to finish the jumper now only about 23 lines left to do on it and then I will put it together, I will put up a pic when I am done. Will have to ask my girls how to do that as I have not yet done it from my phone. Interesting times ahead.
Love and light to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment