Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Unexpected visitor

18/01/11.  Today Brian Cowen did a  Houdini once again.  Our Taoiseach survived a confidence vote in himself.  Interesting times ahead when it comes to the Fianna Fáil party here in Ireland.  He has survived a secret vote in his leadership.  Personally I think he should have resigned long ago, he is not a very popular man with the general population at the moment.  Unfortunately his failings is that he cannot communicate with the ordinary punter in the street.  All will be revealed eventually in the next General Election here in the near future.  Methinks that the FF party is in for a slating from the public voters and well deserved too in my opinion.

Have you ever taken part in sending on one of those texts on your phone, you know the ones, send this on the ten friends and you will receive good news at a certain time in the next day.  Well I did that yesterday and today I got news about a possible job interview next week.  So fingers crossed.   Will await with bated  breath.

I am sitting here after a lovely visit from my friend.  We shared a lovely glass of red wine and a chat.  I love when one of my friends calls and there is no-one else  here and we can sit and chat without others around.  Liam is gone to one of his bee meetings.  He got two more lovely  bee books in the post today, one a gift from me and the other he ordered himself.  He is gathering a lovely collection of bee books now and also veggie book for his tunnel.

I finished the knitting last night, only have to sew it up now and deliver the finished jumper to Maria.  I hope she will like it now that it is done.  I had a look at some other projects that are lying in the music room in bags to be finished, I think perhaps a jacket I had started for myself will be next, followed by an aran weight cotton cardigan.  It is just a matter of getting down to it and finishing them.  I also have  a very special project in mind but cannot say anything about it for a little while.  Will let ye know when it is started.

I am sitting here watching ICA bootcamp and it is hilarious.  Where do they get these girls.  It is so funny one of them thought chicken came from the local supermarket.  I can't believe that there are some girls out there who do not know how to sew, knit, and cook.  They even had a problem making their beds.  Its an eyeopener really.  Their saving grace is that they are all quite nice girls and they seem to get on well together.

Talk again tomorrow, love and light to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment