07/01/11. Today we celebrate two birthdays in our family, my son Donnchadh is 25 today and my dad Denis is 76. A gang of us gathered for a Chinese and cake in my parents house. We had a lovely meal and cake. Donnchadh is the irish for Denis, we couldn't call him anything else especially when he was born on my dad's birthday. He was the first grandson to arrive in our family as well so he was double blessed. It was lovely to have him here to celebrate with us. A lot of time has passed and lots of things have happened in the intervening 25 years. Here's wishing them both a very happy birthday.
The Christmas tree has finally come down and the decorations are once again stored in the attic. I just hope that we will be able to find them in there next Christmas as there is so much stuff up there. It really needs to be cleaned out and hopefully this summer it is one job that will get done. I think that I should be gone when it happens as I have a huge problem with throwing anything out as it may come in useful at some later date. As yet nothing has come down to be used at a later date.
Toby is playing fetch as I write, Liam is throwing his rope down the hall and Toby is bringing it back for him. He hasn't quite grasped the drop it command yet so its a fun game at the moment playing tug of war with the rope when he returns with it. He is getting so cute as each day goes by and is having so much fun.
My cold is somewhat improved tonight. I still get breathless at times but am feeling much better. Looking forward to getting out and about next week. I intend going walking in Dundrum woods which is near us here. It is a lovely place to go walking and Toby will be able to come there as well. It is a lovely place for dogs with lots of trees to smell and explore around.
Heading now and going to do a bit of knitting and try to get this jumper finished if I can. Talk soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment